Volunteers represent a tremendous pool of resources that nonprofits can tap into. They provide high-level guidance and unique skill sets, hands-on assistance with daily tasks, and expand organizational capacity, connections, and resources. However, retaining good volunteers can be a real challenge. All too often, nonprofit organizations spend countless hours recruiting and training volunteers only to have them leave after a few shifts.
At Incite! Consulting Group, we work with busy nonprofit directors to build volunteer engagement programs that identify, engage, and nurture strong volunteer relationships. When developing such plans, we work with the directors to:
- Identify volunteer champions
- Create volunteer management strategies
- Implement volunteer appreciation events
- Supply volunteer recruitment and leadership models
- Coach to staff and volunteer relationships
- Train volunteers and the staff that manage them
- Identify volunteer gaps and opportunities
- Identify strategic priorities where volunteers can help scale work or deepen impact
- Clarify deliverables and measures of success
- Create space for citizen input
If you’re ready to create a volunteer engagement program that attracts great volunteers to your nonprofit mission, then give us a call today at (844) 946-2483.