Building relationships with donors and prospects is one of the single most important actions nonprofits can take to ensure fundraising success. Donor relations, both before and after a gift is made, is an often-overlooked segment of the fundraising cycle. Best practices suggest you should communicate with a donor six to 10 times when asking for a first-time gift or recurring contribution. But deciding when and how to make those connections is just as important as what you communicate.
Producing a donor relations plan can help remove the guesswork when unexpected situations arise with a particular donation. Part art and part science, great donor cultivation relies on consistent activity, personalized communications, and a compelling strategy. Incite! Consulting Group can help you:
- Develop donor cultivation plans with timelines and concrete goals
- Select a donor database that fits your objectives and budget
- Employ a donor touch point calendar with varied communication mediums
- Compile donor stratification reports
- Create donor groups and volunteer engagement opportunities
- Implement donor relations strategies
If you’re interested in developing a customized donor relations program for your nonprofit, Incite! Consulting Group stands ready to help. Give us a call today at (844) 946-2483.